l s

Thursday, October 09, 2008

On the moon

I'm flying high today. Confident Color has been #1 on Amazon.com most of the day in the "Using Color" category. So cool. I've been working since Tuesday evening to get the artist's slides, transparencies and CDs ready to send back to them and off they went today. What a relief. I hope the post office gets everything delivered in good shape. I've had the art more than a year. It takes that long for me to make the selections and do the captions, then the production department doesn't return the art until it comes back from the printer with the first printing of the book. It's such a long process.

I'm trying to straighten up the studio a little so I don't have to come back to a mess. Tomorrow is the Big Day. I'm flying to Big D Dallas for the book-signing and exhibition of artwork from Confident Color. For my earlier books I mostly did local signings. New Creative Artist had one in Shreveport that I couldn't attend and another in New Jersey when I was teaching a workshop at Pine Shores Art Association. The Artist's Showplace on Coit Road has gone out of their way to make this a nice event and I'm thrilled to be able to participate. Can't wait to see my friends there, too. If you're in the area, stop by from 6-9 and enjoy the party. I'm taking 100 prints of four of my paintings to give away to guests at the signing.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Nita,
I just got Confident Color at our local Borders last Friday & I LOVE it. I've been using your Exploring Color for a few years now & am looking forward to following prompts in your new book.
Bless you.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

That's good news, Regina. Thanks for your comment. Let me know what you think as you work your way through the book.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home