l s

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Powerpoint and beyond

My presentation to the Contemporary Quilters' Guild went off without a hitch last night, unless you count my dithering with the remote from time to time. (It was very sensitive. When I pressed it too hard, it zipped on to the next two slides, and I had to reverse.) The pictures looked fantastic on the big screen. My Epson Powerlite projector worked great. I had practiced at home a couple of times to be sure I got the hookup and controls right. The only problem was that I couldn't get the projector to turn off, so I just unplugged it. Not a good idea. I hope it's okay--something about the sequence of powering down between the projector and laptop.

I'm a believer now--this is the only way to do presentations; forget about slide carousels forever. I'll be scanning my program slides into PowerPoint when I get some free time. (Ha!) Onward and upward.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Nita. I guess I'll have to put the carousel away at this end too. I am sure most of the teachers will be going this way.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Ruth--
It's great when you get the hang of it. No stuck slides, for one thing. Although there are some things to watch for. The woman who presented before me had brought a Mac computer, which didn't work with the IBM projector they provided. Fortunately, she was prepared with a CD that would play on the IBM. Who knew?

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home