l s

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The final task

Yesterday I picked up the slides, transparencies and art included in Confident Color. Today I've spent most of my time checking in every piece of art to be sure nothing got lost. I would feel terrible if one of the artists lost an image in the long process of getting the book published. These things are handled by so many people in different departments that this is always a concern. Actually, in 23 years of publishing, only twice has a slide been lost our of thousands submitted. So far, we're in the clear this time. One final check before I send the art back, to be sure everything that was sent to me is returned. Then I can relax a bit. Already have some things cooking, so I'll be on the go again soon. In the meantime, three book signings ahead--party time. The book has gone up to 7,177 on amazon.com and was #3 in the Using Color category a little while ago. What a great start. Makes it worth the effort.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger CMC said...

Know what you mean about tasks, Nita. I completed a couple that had been looming in front of me lately. I picked up my book at the PO yesterday........IT IS GORGEOUS.

It will take a miracle for me to make it to Dallas for Friday morning. The kitchen renovation is becoming overwhelming and will for some time I fear.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Don't stress yourself out, Cheryl. I'm sure we'll meet again somewhere. Thanks for the comment on the book. You did your share with the cover! I appreciate that so much.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Sylvia Jenstad said...

Hi Nita... thought I would just drop by and say Hi!... don't know if you remember me... we met in Calgary at your workshop....

11:03 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

I remember you, Sylvia. You sat near the front. Thanks for stopping by.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home