l s

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WordPerfect is biting the dust

I've been a holdout, favoring WP over Word for 20 years of word processing. Up until recently my document files have been nearly all WordPerfect, except for the books, which my publisher prefers to have in Word. I'm getting used to Word, but strange things have been happening since I upgraded to Word2007. My printer has become finicky about printing WP documents and freezes up entirely on a regular basis. I've discovered I can load the WP documents into Word and surprisingly, most of them are formatted like the original, so I save them in Word and delete the WP file. Actually, some WP files are corrupted when I make the save, so they're useless anyway. I discovered another workaround--I can save the WP files to PDF and the formatting is the same, but I can't edit them. So I guess it's goodbye, WP. Eventually, I'll move my files into Word. I'll miss "Reveal Codes," especially, but I'll get used to it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
If I am not mistaken, the latest Word Application has reveal codes.
quiltartistlymie

1:55 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Is there a more recent one than 2007? If it's there, I can't find it. Does anyone know what Word calls this feature?

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home