l s

Friday, March 14, 2008

Never mind blizzards, Spring is coming

I checked the woods yesterday after I got back from Louisiana and found snowdrops and winter aconite beginning to bloom. Yay! I hope I can do some work in the woods over the next couple of weeks, before I go to Calgary to teach. There are a lot of fallen branches and I need to realign the ones I use to mark my path through the woods. The daffodils are beginning to push up, around four inches now, so we'll see some blooms soon. Today's rain washed away a lot of the thinner patches of snow. A woman said to me that she didn't like the rain, and I couldn't resist asking if she would rather it were snow. Oops. She didn't like that. I'm always glad when it rains--we need the water.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home