l s

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Warming my bones

I'm in Palm Coast, Florida, teaching a creativity workshop. Weather sunny and in the 70s. Such a relief after the hammering we had last week in Ohio--ice, snow, freezing rain. I guess that's still going on up there. The class is fun, the facility about a block from the beach, where we walked after lunch yesterday. The ocean was calm, the sky a pure cobalt blue, the ocean a dark blue-green at the horizon (phthalo green blue shade with a touch of indigo) and clear turquoise near the shore. Gorgeous.

This is the first time I've posted from my new laptop. I almost didn't bring it. I had locked myself out by forgetting one digit in my password. Then I had one of those weird waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night experiences where the answer comes unbidden after you've give up on it. The brain is an amazing machine.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LinBiz said...

Hello Nita - You won't remember me, but 4 years ago I sent you an email to let you know I had done a personal creativity workshop using your book, "Creative Artist-A Fine Artist's Guide to Expanding Your Creativity." The reason I'm contacting you today is to let you know that I have a new blog, and today's posting is telling about my personal workshop using your book. Also I have listed your website on the list of links I recommend. I'm very new to blogs and don't even know how it all works yet. I, too, have a new laptop that uses Microsoft Vista Premium and my husband - who is senior software engineer - is very frustrated that Microsoft changed from XP - he says Vista has lots of bugs. Well, I'm an artist, not an engineer - I'm just glad to have a laptop! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I have appreciated your work. - Linda Smith, artist in California. My blog is: www.artiscolor.blogspot.com.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Linda--Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment. I enjoyed reading your description of your self-directed workshop based on my book. I love your colorful work. It took a lot of dedication to work so faithfully to find your voice. Keep up the good work.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home