l s

Friday, February 29, 2008

From the Sublime to the Freezing

Flying home from the Palm Coast, Florida, workshop I didn't give much thought to what I was coming home to until I saw the ground as we landed in Dayton. A solid sheet of snow and ice, although not very deep, was awaiting me. Oddly enough, as much as I enjoyed the Florida sunshine, there is still much that is comforting at home, even in the middle of a cold, cold winter.

The class was a lot of fun. I should have taken more pictures, but I get so involved in what's going on that I forget to get out my camera. Finally remembered at lunch the second day, so here's part of the group with a couple of insets in the corners. The weather changed after lunch and it poured rain briefly, then later in the evening there were thunderstorms and lightning, heavy rain most of the night. The last day was cool--in the fifties.

This was an enthusiastic group of accomplished artists looking for ideas and motivation for their artwork. I think each of them found something she can use or think about for a long time to help her grow as an artist. Anyway, that's what I wish for them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home