l s

Monday, October 13, 2008

AWS traveling show

On my way home from a meeting with my publisher in Cincinnati last Tuesday, I stopped in Middletown to see the American Watercolor Society show. I enjoyed it a great deal. Some of the work is very powerful, other pieces are more subtle. There was quite a bit of "mechanical" subject matter and abstract design. I was surprised not to see a single spectacular flower painting. On the whole, the show seems more bold than poetic, but there is no doubting the expertise of the artists in design and execution of watermedia. The controversial Gold Medal winner was pulled from the show before it came to Middletown. I don't think there has been any resolution to that matter yet. If the show should come to your area, don't miss it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home