l s

Sunday, April 05, 2009

The New Creative Artist South of the Border

In Central America, actually. Margarita Hernandez (on the right) of Honduras, who attended my workshop in Plantation, Florida, in March, spent nearly a year working at her home with a group of eleven women artists using the activities in my book. First, she had to translate the activities into Spanish so they could understand them. (I wish I knew Spanish as well as she knows English.) At the end of the class, she presented each woman with a certificate of completion. Here are a few photos she sent me of her class. I asked permission to put them on my blog--she says they will be delighted to be internationally "famous" on the Web.







Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gwendolyn said...

This is an absolutely awesome, uplifting story! Margarita must be a wonderful teacher, to have inspired her friends to do every exercise in your book, and keep them coming back week after week, month after month.

Congratulations, Margarita, and congratulations to your friends!

I am awed by your accomplishments!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Gwendolyn said...

I should have said: I wish I had that kind of self-discipline. I do! Nita's books are wonderful, and I dip around in them, but am not organized enough to do all the exercises. Those exercises would do me a world of good!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for your comments. It was a real pleasure sharing all that knowledge and time with my friends but who learned most was me! God gave me this opportunity and rewarded me with the chance to attend and meet Nita in person at her workshop in Plantation. She is such a wonderful teacher and a wonderful human being. Margarita

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a witness to the time and dedication Margarita put into these lessons. Everyone learned and seeing such passion was inspiring. She stayed faithful to Nita's teachings and encouraged each to give her best.
An excelent example of art trespassing borders.
Great job Margarita! Thank you Nita!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home