l s

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spring is officially here--I hope

It's getting warm enough to work in the woods a bit, so that's a good sign. Here are a few pix of some of the early wildflowers and naturalized bulbs that are blooming. In a few days, bluebells and toothwort will cascade down the hillside.

Never mind that I lost a pair of glasses on Monday when I went out to photograph the flowers--they were old ones, at least, and might turn up as I wander the woods.

There's a lot of debris on the ground from the two windstorms we've had since September. I break up the small branches and throw them around the woods. The bigger limbs I carry to the edge of the woods and pile them up until I can get to them.


I've found a couple dozen honeysuckle seedlings and a few garlic mustard sprouts, but if I keep after them, I won't have the onslaught I had to deal with when I started my woodland project 7 years ago.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Thanks for this peak into your woods. I would love such a project if I had such property.
Your story about losing glasses reminds me of when hubby & I were on a piece of rocky Pacific coast. The tide was out and I was photographing the creatures left behind in the tide pools. I put my glasses in my shirt pocket and they fell out into one of the crevices. Thank God for hubby's long arm. He rescued the glasses.
Happy Spring.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

I'm still looking. They must be out there somewhere. Funny story--I had a student in a Color for Quilters class last summer who had lost a pair of Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses while wading in the surf. She was still mourning them and made a quilt in their honor.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Ruth Steinfatt said...

Ahhhh spring at last!

Donna Baspaly's course starts next Monday and we are all excited. I am sure it will be a great course..any friend of yours has got to be wonderful!!!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home