l s

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Something unusual

Recently I began attending the Digital Camera Club at Hithergreen Center. I became interested in photography when I bought my first digital camera in 1998, a low- resolution Sony Mavica. I was amazed at what I could do with the camera and some simple software. I've learned a lot since then and have upgraded cameras several times (now using a Canon G6), but I often feel frustrated with no one to critique my photographs or lend a hand when I'm having a problem. It's incredible how much I've learned in just two meetings. The presenter gives everyone a "practice card" with suggestions for shooting images. Sometimes the group goes out for the last half hour and shoots on the center grounds, and sometimes they bring in something they've done elsewhere. I shot this photograph at Hithergreen. It was quite a challenge. The suggested subject was "something unusual."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the world's worst photographer.. but I too am learning.

I saw a sign outside of an art show recently that read:

Every Artist should be an Exhibitionist!

Thought you would like that quote.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home