l s

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

McCallister's Art Store

I spent more time and money than I planned at the store this morning. It was sad to see things less than perfectly displayed, but I soon discovered that there are still some fantastic bargains to be had. Everything in the store is 57% off this week. Why 57%? George says that's how old he is, so why not?

I bought a few tubes of W&N watercolors, some Zoltan Zabo watercolor paper and four clever art aprons to sell on my web site. He had 5 copies of The New Creative Artist, which I knew I could sell, so I bought those, too. As I strolled the aisles, I realized how much stuff I have in my studio that I haven't used in ages, so I wasn't as tempted as I might have been. I had to stay away from the paper aisle, though. McCallister's has always had the best paper selection I've seen anywhere, and there is still a lot of gorgeous paper there. This would be the time to stock up, except I already have drawers of it collected from previous trips down that aisle. The Golden acrylics are all gone with the wind. There are still lots of Holbein products at this great price. This would be a great time to buy a nice portfolio carrier for artwork, a really good tote or carrier for supplies.

I said goodbye to everyone, but I'll probably go back the last week and maybe even walk down the paper aisle, if the price is right.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ahead Nita - I am sure Bob knows that you don't have enough art supplies.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home