l s

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bitter cold

Just got bitterer. It went down to 1 degree F last night. Seemed like a good day to hang out at home, so I didn't stick my nose out the door. My editor picked up the color wheel icons this morning. It's so nice to have her willing to do this. Her parents live nearby, so she gets up this way fairly often. I got lots of odds and ends taken care of in the studio, then decided to make my reservations for the Palm Coast, Florida, workshop next month. What a shock! I checked my frequent flyer miles and discovered that a couple of the airlines have deleted my accumulated miles. American denied my password, which has happened before with them. Very annoying. I finally went back to Expedia, which was fast and easy. Delta, here I come again. When I used to do a lot of travel to trade shows, I had a travel agent do my booking. After the Web came into the picture, I discovered that she wasn't getting me the best rates, so I gave up the convenience to save the workshops some money. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the time I spend, since I'm not paying for it. Oh, well. I'd feel guilty doing it that way. Some groups that sponsor workshops are on a tight budget.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to be thinking about flights to sunny climes while contemplating a thermometer that says 0. It's darned cold in Vermont as well. THanks for the heads up on the airlines deleting mileage. That's scary!I just used most of my miles for an artist's residency in Spain. I'm glad I did it before the air miles were sucked into the void.
Love your work, and your blog!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Yes, for the last two mornings it has been -26 C and that's very, very cold.

I'm looking forward to spring!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

-26--That's really cold. We had two years like that more than 20 years ago. Where are you, that it's so cold?

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home