l s

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Prioritizing in my art studio

Now that the books are shipped, I need to get my studio in order. I'm trying to figure out what to tackle next. First on the list is a looming deadline for an article for "Watercolour Gazette," a Canadian publication. The article is mostly written and I'm getting some art together for the illustrations. I still haven't cleared out the boxes of books from my used-art-book sale. They must go, and soon. I'm tired of looking at them and they take up too much floor space. Hithergreen Center, where I teach my watercolor classes, has a small library, so I may donate the books to them if they want them. There are two unfinished watercolors on my drafting table, one of which is the poured painting I blogged about a few weeks ago. My desk is covered with miscellany, I have bills to pay, and on and on. However, when our daughter showed up unexpectedly with the Little Artist this afternoon, I gladly gave up my afternoon in the studio to play ball, read stories, and field hugs for a couple of hours. I've been smiling broadly ever since they were here. They made my day.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Jacobs said...

Wait until your "little artist" discovers how to use the telephone and calls, just to say "I love you" and quickly hangs up before discovered by her mom, who has put a restriction on the number of calls the 6 yr old is allowed to make. You'll love it! KJ

6:42 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

That's so sweet!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home