l s

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The New Creative Artist is in the warehouse.

It won't be long before my book will be on the shelves. There's some processing involved before they start shipping. I don't know how long that takes, but I'm guessing a week or so. Yesterday I picked up the complimentary copies I'm giving to the 105 artists who let me use their work in the book. I live less than a half hour from the warehouse. Norm, the warehouse guy who greeted me at the loading dock, has loaded books for me since 1985 at the Cincinnati location. I guess we have a symbiotic relationship: I write 'em, Norm loads 'em. I'm lucky to live near my publisher, North Light Books (about 40 miles), so I can get to meet some of the people who work on the books at every stage of production. Somehow I don't think it would be as much fun to do everything by phone and email.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home