l s

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Why I Love Artists Who Love Color

Well, I never expected months to pass before I returned to my blog. After I last wrote, several weeks went by before my editor picked up my artwork and did the preliminary layout. Stef and I had worked on three books together, but this was the first time we used Dropbox.com to expedite the process. Way cool. I put all my files into Dropbox, where I had the artists deposit their digital submissions. I gave Stef access to my Dropbox so she could work at her convenience and leave comments, which I then responded to. She brought the designer into the loop and I was able to see the design develop and give my input on that. Amazon listed September 7 as the release date, so it was a shock when my advance copies arrived early in August, along with three boxes of books to send to my contributing artists. I had to confirm addresses for 50+ artists--several had moved--then ship throughout the U.S., Canada, to Australia and Brazil. It was pretty wild. FYI, I don't have "people." The exclamations from the artists when they saw their books were worth the hassle. Many shouted it out on Facebook. Kudos to these wonderful artists who shared their colorful work with me. I've always been grateful for artists who allow me to show their work to illustrate many different ways to use the principles of color that I teach. Their works inspire other artists, who see how joyfully and expertly color can be used.

Read more about Exploring Color Workshop, 30th Anniversary Edition at North Light Shop

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love color. Color is what those of us with no fine arts skills can join in on. I took Color as my fine arts requirement in college. Absolutely my favorite.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Lucky you! I wish they had that course when I went to school. I researched more than 25 books on color and color theory before I taught my first color workshop and wrote my book. By the way, with a good teacher you can join in on the fine art, too. Skills are learned, not inborn. It just takes practice, patience, and perseverance. Thanks for commenting!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home