l s

Monday, April 21, 2014

A Watermedia Collage Series on Trees

One of my students in Exploring Watercolor has been working on an interesting series. Jane let snow fall on wet watercolor to make textured backgrounds. She cut the colored papers into squares and attached them to black backgrounds. Jane painted the trees with watercolors. [Note: The patterns are precisely straight, but some curvature appears in the photos.]

I love what she's doing with these. Today she used this treatment on a redbud tree and it is spectacular! My class is constantly surprising me.

4 Comments:

Blogger CindyCinlou said...

Wow those are really pretty.

7:51 PM  
Blogger silentwitness said...

What a delightful series of tree collages! I feel like I know you from reading your wonderful watercolor books over the years, and from having admired so many of your paintings. It is so wonderful that you have also given back so much in terms of publications and in instructing other artists. Keep up the great work! Your artistic vision and your passion for art is incredibly inspiring.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle Himes said...

I love these! Thanks for sharing your student's work.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great work by your student! This shows what a great teacher you are! sebastopol certified arborist

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home