l s

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Amazon.com featured The New Creative Artist!

Now and then I check the sales rank of my books on Amazon.com. When The New Creative Artist first showed up as a pre-publication entry, the ranking was somewhere over 3,000,000. A few people must have bought it early on, because the ranking went up to around 300,000, with bounces up and down. The highest I saw was around 35,000 a few weeks ago. I don't check it every day. On Monday I nearly fell off my chair. The ranking was 1,378! I was sure it was a mistake until one of my artist contributers for the book emailed me that she had received a newsletter from Amazon.com promoting my book. I'm ecstatic. I felt sure when I first saw the book that it would be well received, but I'm amazed that it has taken off so fast and isn't even in the stores yet. Today it's hovering around 4,000. I hope they printed enough to fill all these orders.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BIIIG congrats. Stats is so fun!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Yes, it's fun, all right. But I'll sure be relieved when the book is finally launched and in the stores.

9:01 AM  
Blogger char said...

Hey Nita.. I found your site while researching on my current project of designing a classroom to provoke creativity (the current classroom is dull =P). May I ask if you could give me a few tips regarding the setting up of the class and colour blends?
I'd like to create an out of class experience. Maybe something abstract and catchy, yet provides a relaxing atmosphere for students to work in. =) Really.. thanks!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Well, there are a lot of creative projects in The Creative Artist to start with and even more in the new revised version coming soon. But I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home