l s

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The New Creative Artist is here

Last week I got an advance copy of my new book and have been in a tizzy ever since. It's fantastic. I love what the designer did with the page layout--very creative. It's really a fun book, but is filled with substance, as well. I've been showing it around and hearing raves. Music to my ears. The books won't be in the warehouse until mid-July, I'm told. Must be taking the slow boat from China. The printer usually sends a few advance copies ahead of the regular shipment. I didn't expect it for another couple of weeks, so it was a surprise to suddenly find it in my hands.

It was worth all the work. Sometimes I think it's harder to revise a book than it is to write a new one. Tough decisions--what to keep, what to delete, what to rewrite, what to reorganize. Which art to replace, where to get new art, new exercises to write, new sidebars, illustrations to revise or replace--the list goes on. In addition, this book has an entire new chapter on art and fine crafts, which was a challenge to put together keeping the tone of the existing text. Finding appropriate places for all the art is a challenge, too. It's like a very complicated 3-D puzzle. But what a delight to fit the all pieces into it and see the final result. I can hardly wait for the contributing artists to see it.

You can read a description of the book here.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Schuivert said...

Congratulations on your new book!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle Himes said...

I just sent you an order for mine today. I can't wait to see it!

Michelle

2:59 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Thanks! My watercolor class got their first look at the book today and I was very pleased with their reactions. It won't be long now !

6:01 PM  
Blogger jamieson5 said...

I loved the first "Creative Artist" can't wait for this one!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

You won't be disappointed, I promise.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nita, that is lovely! And by reading about it I get really curious! :-)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Hanna--
You are so creative already, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the new book. I love the little dolls you make and I'm really impressed by your photography. You have a great eye!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home