l s

Sunday, May 18, 2008

A long way from home


Yesterday morning I got up at 6 a.m. and prepared to begin my journey from Ohio west to Victoria on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Nearly all the connections went smoothly, but it was a long day. I arrived here a little before 6 p.m., which was 9 p.m. EDT, nearly 12 hours of travel time. I have all of today to regenerate before the creativity workshop starts tomorrow. I'm staying at the Waterfront Innand have already had a morning walk around the little town of Sidney. The light is clear and bright today and the temperature mild. I sit on a little balcony and overlook the fish market on the pier. I'll be moving to another room this afternoon for the rest of the week. I hope I'll have as beautiful a view in my new digs. This truly is a lovely little town, sparkling clean, nice shops and restaurants. The workshop facilitator, Ruth Steinfatt, is very pleasant and well organized, so I'm looking forward to a delightful workshop experience here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonny said...

Hi Nita;

Welcome to Victoria and Sidney! You've arrived on one of our busiest long weekends of the year. Tomorrow is a holiday, although many shops will be open for a shorter day. It's Victoria Day and every year we celebrate with a parade. Thousands of visitors - children, students and parents flock to to our Island to see the parade. Many because their kids are marching in the parade. We get students and visitors from all over the world.

Enjoy your visit and good luck with your workshop! Maybe one year I will be lucky enough to participate in one of your workshops!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a great visit. Sidney wasn't all that crowded and I got to see a lot of the island on the drive up to Qualicum.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home