l s

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pause for repairs

Had a cataract operation last week, so I haven't been on the computer much. There was a problem, which seems to be clearing up, but it's very scary to go through that simple procedure and find that you can't see properly. Everything was blurry in the operated eye and there was something about pressure being too low, whatever that means. I was seeing colored swirlies part of the time. I was not only worried, I was bored out of my mind. The second day I managed to finish the last thirty pages of my author's review and do two small painted minglings for page icons, but everything seemed to take such a long time. I could complain about some other aspects of the experience, but I won't. The bottom line is that the blurriness began to clear up last night and I can see pretty well today. Contrasts are much sharper and colors are brighter. I keep asking myself how did I do a book on color with cataracts in my eyes? The color in the paintings must be off the charts. Apparently I will have to wear glasses for astigmatism, so the usual bonus of no glasses after cataract surgery doesn't apply. No big deal. I'm ready to schedule the other eye surgery. In the meantime, workshop season is starting up, so I have a lot to do. p.s. I sent the editor's layout back to her yesterday and it felt good to get it moving (read "out of the house"!).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonny said...

Nita, my goodness! Take care of your eyes. If one week being 'bored' is hard, think of the alternative. Wearing glasses is no big deal. I fought it too - for a long time, but now I'm grateful I can see with thme.

Get better! And Good Luck with the next stage of the book!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nita, I'm reminded of Milford Zornes' anger at his eyes. Be grateful that you can see, darling. He, by the way, celebrated his 100 b'day a week ago and did a demo....so, have faith and take it easy with those powerful eyes of yours.

with love,

Pat

11:34 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Thanks to you both for your concern. All is well and I've scheduled the surgery on the other eye for the end of April. After that I'll probably get a new prescription for glasses and should be in great shape.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home