l s

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Feelin' good

My editor stopped by this morning and picked up the new book. I was beginning to wonder if I would make the deadline. My daughter stepped up and helped to proofread the art numbers on the manuscript and flat plan, then the artists' permissions and the art log, which are both huge jobs. I couldn't have made it without her help. Granddaddy entertained the four-year-old while the baby slept at Grammy's feet as she worked. What a scenario. One of my students volunteered earlier and I put her to work taping vellum overlays onto 150 small pieces of art, another time-consuming job.

Sometime I may blog about what I learned about digital art submissions for books, if anyone is interested. It has been quite a learning experience. I think it will all turn out all right. I did have to go back and re-do all the images as I finished up the captions and the manuscript, but it was worth it.

Tomorrow morning I leave for Montana to teach a workshop and judge awards for the show I juried in June by slides. This will seem like a vacation. In the last workshop two weeks ago in Louisiana I worked on the book in the mornings before workshop and until late at night after class. I'm looking forward to being in the West--it has been awhile.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette Bush said...

Congratulations, Nita. We have missed you. I know you are glad this book is finished. Lovely image of family support, too.
Enjoy Montana.
AAB

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home