l s

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Power of Art on PBS

This eight-week series is based on a book I reviewed several months ago. I enjoyed The Power of Art by Simon Schama very much and I'm looking forward to the series. The first program on van Gogh airs in my area tomorrow night, (Monday, June 18) at 9:00 p.m. est. The second episode, on Picasso, immediately follows at 10:00 p.m. I believe the remaining programs are one hour. Check your local listings on the PBS website. You can request to be notified of upcoming Power of Art broadcasts.

What I found intriguing about the book was its coverage of the political influence and social, cultural and business aspects of the various artists. It will be interesting to see how all this is played out on TV.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home