l s

Monday, May 28, 2007

"Nothin' "

This week I've been hard at work on the new book. The art is coming in, so I'll be busy selecting what I want to use in the book. Also, the slides from the Montana Watercolor Society will be arriving shortly, so nothing else will get done until those are on their way back to Big Sky country. Our granddaughter was here all afternoon on Thursday and we had a delightful time together. We didn't really "do art," but she tends to get to her little table and scribble something before she leaves. At the moment, the scribbles are little faces with big smiles. I love it! She was here this afternoon, too, and we did paint-blot pictures with tempera. How she loved the effects of the prints on the folded paper! She designated a giftee for each picture, aunts, uncles and cousins, plus the always included grandparents. A friend of mine stopped by while Jenna and I were out in the yard. As we talked, Jenna moved to the yard behind us and quietly played and danced a little dance by herself. Later, I asked her what she was dancing and she said, "Nothin'." Her little secret.

I had an email from an e-friend, Annette, who is also having fun making art with her grandchild. Check out her blog entry of the other day: http://bushstrokes.blogspot.com/2007/05/big-word-is-wow.html

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Nita, I can so relate to this! I JUST finished my latest North Light book, day before yesterday...SO much work.

And by the way, thank you, someone found your mention of my textures book on your blog, and wants to order it! You're a doll!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Kate--
Tell all--when's your book coming out and what's it about? Lucky you. I have three months to go before I send in my manuscript.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home