l s

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Where did your day go?

Do you ever get to the end of a day and wonder where it went and what you did? I sometimes think about the opportunities I may have missed to enjoy the richness that surrounds me each and every day. Here's a list of a few things to do today and every day to make the most of every moment.

1. SEE: Enjoy the trees changing color, a baby smiling, a butterfly on a blossom.
2. LISTEN: Hear bees buzzing, cicadas chirping, children playing.
3. DO: Play the game. Dance the dance. Sing the music.
4. EXPLORE: Try new ideas. Follow a different path. Discover a new place.
5. SHARE: Be generous with your expertise. Give your love.
6. REMEMBER: Take time to value your friends and family.
7. GIVE THANKS: Appreciate the kindness of others and the great gift of life.
8. BE AWARE: Today is the beginning of the rest of your life.

The busier I get, the more I need to remind myself to do these things. I'm too focused on tasks in my studio. The weather has been glorious for the past two days and I've spent most of the time on my computer. I did manage a stroll through my woods yesterday. The black-eyed Susans are almost ready to bloom. Today I'm going to walk at the arboretum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home