l s

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Change of pace

Monday afternoon after watercolor class I picked up the Little Artist at daycare and drove her home. I had packed a suitcase, briefcase full of work, and several small totes filled with books in anticipation of staying with her and her mother if the predicted storm materialized. It did and I did. I just got home a short while ago. There were buckets of freezing rain and ice, 8-10 inches of snow, roads closed, schools closed. My car was encased in a block of snow-covered ice. But we were snug as a bug in a rug. Our little four-year-old ran me ragged for two-and-a-half days, upstairs, downstairs, all around the house. We did so much playacting in squeaky voices for the dolls, bears and other animals that I almost lost my voice. Today we made valentines and had a party with the bears. Fortunately, Daddy was able to make it home from Boise this afternoon. It was great fun, but it's early to bed for me tonight.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home