l s

Monday, May 22, 2006

Art on the side burner

Not much art going on last week. A week ago Sunday I picked up my rejected painting from the Dayton Society of Painters and Sculptors. Eighty pieces were hung and more than eighty were rejected. The rejects would have made a very good Salon des Refusés. Yesterday I collected my two paintings from the Fairborn Art Association show--I don't think I mentioned that I got a Judge's Merit Award for one of them. I'm finished with entering shows for awhile. This year I got into three out of five and received two awards, not a bad showing, but I don't have enough work and don't want to enter the same pieces too often. Haven't even had time to work on the pouring and I want to get that one off the drafting table.

I finished the last of my spring watercolor classes at Hithergreen Center on Monday and I'm on hiatus for four weeks so I can work on some new book ideas and catch up around the house and woods.

We took a two-day trip to northern Indiana and Chicago to visit family and search for family gravesites. We found what we were looking for--my husband's grandparents' graves and their old farmhouse near Plymouth, Indiana. Two years ago we couldn't find them, but had a few more clues this time.

I'll be concentrating on the release of The New Creative Artist over the next few weeks. Less than two months to go. My pre-publication offer has been well received and the orders are coming in. Yay! It looks like Amazon.com is taking quite a few orders, too. Last week I scored a book-signing at Books & Co. in Kettering on Thursday, August 17. They've hosted signings for all my books and always do it right.

In two weeks I'm having a studio open house and art book sale for my students. I've promised them this for a long time. So I'll be sorting and pricing books--I have at least five crates in the garage and bookcases all over the house filled with art books. I hope it isn't a mortal sin to have too many books.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jafabrit said...

Hi there,
Is this the same book that rosie H will be in?
She is going to be in the ChamberPot Gallery and I just did her bio for the webpage.
I used to be in the same artgroup with her and was a member of the fairborn arts for a year or so.
nice blog, a pleasure to read.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Yes, this is the same book. She was in the first one, too. You can see a profile of Rosie Huart on my web site at http://www.nitaleland.com/profile/huart.htm .

10:13 AM  
Blogger Tereza said...

Nita,

Well done with the new book. Dont know when it will get to this part of the world (South Africa) but am phoning my book shop to place an order tomorrow morning.

Congratulations!

Tereza

9:52 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Thanks, Tereza! I think it will be worth the wait.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home