l s

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Still more watercolor pouring

Here's the next step on the shooting star. I enhanced the colors on the petals and put a dark down the center that will probably need to be darker for the background pour when I get to it. It's turning out to be a sort of prismatic take on reflected light on the white petals. It probably won't bear any resemblance to reality when I'm finished. The background is going to be dark, I've decided, though I'm not sure how dark, so will do a couple of pours there, maybe more. I may as well do the darks before I do any more modeling on the petals. That means the next step is to mask the entire flower to protect it from the darker pours.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger majamom said...

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY GEORGEOUS!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

I am so looking forward to the finished painting!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home