l s

Monday, October 03, 2005

Workshop Day One

On Saturday I promised to post something about the workshop I'm taking this week with Donna Zagotta, an accomplished watercolorist from Brighton, Michigan. The workshop is titled "Creative Design and Expression." So far the workshop is excellent and exactly what had I hoped for. It isn't about techniques, although I look forward to her demonstration of gouache painting later in the week. It's about establishing a foundation of good shapes on which to hang everything else, from color and value to technique, with the goal of expressing yourself: Who You Are. Donna is well organized and knowledgeable about her subject. I've always been aware of the importance of Shape in design but have never had any book or instructor who illustrated this more clearly. Can't wait till tomorrow to see what Donna has to say about value.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home