l s

Monday, March 23, 2009

Art everywhere and I'm off to Florida

The area has been full of shows and I've actually been able to take some time to get involved. That hasn't happened for a long while. I believe I mentioned the "Works on Paper" at Rosewood Center in Kettering--it closes this Friday. On Sunday, March 29, the Gold Palette show at 48 High Street in Dayton is closing. I have a small painting in that show--my granddaughter's portrait. Last Friday I helped register paintings for the Western Ohio Watercolor Society's open juried show at Town & Country Fine Art Gallery in Kettering. Also helped with the clerical work during the judging on Saturday and attended the opening on Sunday. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to be around artists. My self portrait was accepted for this show, which closes on April 5. There are more shows coming up, but I can't think about them now. I need to pack for a workshop in Plantation, Florida, near Ft. Lauderdale. I'm flying out tomorrow, coming home on Sat. Love those 3-day workshops!

Here's a quote someone gave me recently:

They say, and I'm very willing to believe it, that it is difficult to know yourself, but it isn't very easy to paint yourself, either." --Vincent van Gogh

Anyone want to drink to that?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home