l s

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas cookies

Our little family descended upon us yesterday afternoon for a spree of baking Christmas cookies. Jenna was a big help, learning to roll the dough, cutting out the shapes, and putting them on baking trays. She decorated most of them, becoming more and more creative as she played with combinations of colored sugars and sprinkles. Before we finished, both of us were covered with flour, although she had more on her face than I did.

The floor needed sweeping, so Daniel helped with that, pushing the swiffer hither and yon in his efficient toddler manner. Granddaddy and Daddy added to the excitement by running a little remote car around the halls, chasing the kids from room to room. I shut the door to the bedroom where the dollhouse is stored, after covering it with a sheet. Her mother couldn't resist peeking and was excited to see the little house restored to glory.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Nita.. what fun. I have been baking with the little ones here too..I broke my wrist so I surely needed the help even though it was messy.. But it cleans up right?

9:54 PM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Looks to me like you've devised a new exercise in colour and creativity for your students!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Jenna - wonderful biscuits, they look great. Bet you had fun too huh Nita?

1:24 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

You're right, it was fun for me, too. The most fun I've had since my kids used to help me bake cookies. I'll admit I was surprised how long Jenna stayed with it. She wanted to do everything--rolling, cutting, decorating--and didn't need much help.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home