l s

Friday, October 07, 2005

Workshop Day Five

Donna's lecture today was a reiteration of many valuable points she made throughout the workshop. She emphasized finding your creative self, your design motif, your brushstroke, your subject and using that to guide your creative development. She showed the class a number of illustrations of the work of artists from the past who have been her inspiration, chief among them being Vuillard and Diebenkorn. I understand that yesterday afternoon she did a wonderful critique of student work, which I missed because of a death in the family. I also missed the afternoon class today, but I feel that the workshop was tremendously helpful to me. I appreciated her sharing her process of developing a design for a painting. I also found her demonstrations of gouache painting very informative and enjoyed experimenting a bit with the medium, but haven't decided how much more I'll do with it in the future. Donna Zagotta's workshop was one of the best I've ever had, and I've taken many.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home