l s

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Ben is at it again

Ben Rayman, the publisher of Art-to-Art-Palette, has republished a collection of reviews of The New Creative Artist. (Scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the reviews.) Ben and his associates have continued developing the online magazine after a disastrous fire that burned his house and office and his wife, artist Pat Rayman's art studio to the ground last year. After building a new house and replacing three computers, printers and other electronics, Ben now focuses on the online Palette, a compendium of art news, features, and artist's profiles primarily centered around Ohio and the Midwest. Ben's ongoing support of the arts is greatly appreciated, as well as his enthusiasm for my books and teaching. Thanks, Ben.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joan Barnes said...

After reading a review recently entitled "The Art Lady" I was inspired to again open my copy of Nita Leland's book THE NEW CREATIVE ARTIST. This is a timeless book that I refer to time and time again in my work. I am a watercolor artist and had taken a workshop from Nita on Color Theory. The best workshop on color I ever attended. It has proven itself over and over again.

As a teacher also of school age students and adults, I have time and time again used the information from the workshop and the ideas presented in Nita's book. THE NEW CREATIVE ARTIST is a book that any artist will refer to time and time again for inspiration and instruction. I have received endless ideas from Nita that I also use with a class of physically challenged adults. Ideas that can be adapted to almost any class of students.

I would highly recommend this book to any artist wanting to learn new methods, or just to be inspired - every artist should have a copy.

Thanks Nita for sharing what you know - many will not do that, and I appreciate the wonderful spirit in which you present yourself.

Joan Crawford Barnes
www.joanbarnes-wc.com
jbarnes209@woh.rr.com

11:41 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Thanks again for your supportive words, Joan. I love that you're teaching with the book.

Nita

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Sue Nocera said...

This book, 'The New Creative Artist' has been a staple in my studio since it was published. As a watercolor and mixed media artist, I've been using it myself for the past couple years. Now I incorporate it as reference when I teach mixed media.
To put an end to creative block, pick up this book and stretch your imagination!
'The New Creative Artist', along with Nita's workshop is an invaluable asset for any artist.
Thanks, Nita for sharing your gifts!
Suzanne Kinstle Nocera
www.suenocera.com

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home