l s

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Stop me before I glaze again.

I got so much done yesterday, after I finally quit picking at my self portrait. As much as I love watercolor, I can see that it might be better to use acrylics or oils for portraits, so you can make substantive corrections if you have to. That is almost impossible in watercolor in most cases where you might have made an error in lining up the features or painting the eyes. I finally figured out what was bothering me about my painting. When my sister took the photo, we were kidding around and I had a livelier expression, whereas in my painting, my expression is more introspective. The watercolor seems to show my inner nature. Or am I just rationalizing? Oh, well. I hope next week I can find time to tackle my granddaughter's portrait that I used in my first portrait demo three weeks ago.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home