l s

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Creative Renewal

For me the best kind of workshop to teach is one where I feel like I'm learning along with the class. This was a great four days. The twenty-three students were among the most responsive I've ever worked with and very sharing, as well. We covered so much ground. In fact, this class got the five-day workshop in four days, including creativity, color, collage, monotype, plus daily critiques, slides and individual conferences. There was a brief power outage yesterday and nobody missed a beat. Everyone came with an open mind--this became clear when they introduced themselves. I think each artist has discovered something special that will help her move ahead, to be and feel more creative. Ladies, start your vibrators. Ummm, I meant to say, mute your cell phones.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nita,
You are pure delight.It was such a wonderful experience to be in your workshop. I am smiling with my whole being. Have a safe trip home.
Sandi

7:28 PM  
Blogger Renoirre said...

Morning Nita, Koreen here.....
I, too, would like to thank you for taking the chance and coming back to Calgary. It was a most creative workshop, and I loved working with all the many talented people, whom also had a lot of information to share. Thank you for the encouragement & many positive critiques & ideas, you are a treasure. Polar bear hugs to you

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nita,you are a consummate teacher. I was fortunate to be with a wonderful group of artists, too. It was exactly the workshop I needed. Thank you so much for giving unstintingly of yourself as you did. It took me a whole day to come down afterwards!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home