l s

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Whatever happened to Nita Leland?

I'm still around. The sinusitis knocked me out for weeks and I'm still a little hung over from it, but at least functioning better now. I've been baby-sitting Daniel four days a week and what a cute little guy he is. I'll try to catch up with the blog over the next few days and see if I can get back to daily blogging. I'm still picking away at some book tasks, but nearly ready to wind them up.

The big news is that The New Creative Artist has been translated into Dutch and published in Holland. I didn't realize it had been acquired, so it was a surprise several days ago to receive a box with five copies. The cover is by Delda Skinner, a Texas artist whose work appears in the book. Foreign publishers often select different art for their book covers. This is always an exciting development. Three of my previous books have also been translated: Exploring Color (German); Creative Collage Techniques (French); the original Creative Artist (Chinese).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Himes said...

How wonderful to have your books translated into other languages. You must be very excited. Great that they send you copies too.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

You're right, Michelle, especially when I didn't know it was coming. It takes a long time to get a translation done and since I hadn't heard about it, I didn't have the long wait--it just appeared on my doorstep like magic.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home