l s

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spring has sprung in the quarter-acre woods

It was sunny and cold today, but the wind wasn't blowing, so I took a walk through my woods. I found two brave little snowdrops blooming, the first flowers of the season. They're the same ones that bloomed last year, only a bit later. If you haven't been to my web site, you wouldn't know hard I've worked to restore my little quarter-acre woods, reclaiming it from the grasp of invasive honeysuckle and garlic mustard. Every little flower is like a magic blossom to me, after years of no wildflowers in the woods. Check out the pages on my woodland restoration.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MMComstock said...

Nita, what a pleasure I've had just now wandering through your lovely quarter-acre woods! What a treasure.
Peace, Margot

2:09 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Wonderful that you have found the first flowers of spring! I have been looking too as we are having warmer than usual weather. The first flower out here (in the middle of New Brunswick, eastern Canada) is usually the blood root and it's white too. It will flower right through the snow. After that come the violets (in white, yellow and purple) then trilliums (red, white and painted). I can hardly wait for mine to appear!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home