l s

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Updating Web Site and Blog

I've been at it for hours, but I have only myself to blame. When my Web editing program was discontinued I let it slide, then I got a new computer and it got even worse. I've been using a bare bones text editing program that wasn't much help, but I discovered it has an inexpensive "pro" version--EditPadPro. Much better--a far cry from Dream Weaver, but costs under $50. I'm just a cut-and-paster, anyway, not a Web designer. It can drive you nuts, though. I never had a problem with upper and lower case letters in my previous program and most of the blocks I ran into were caused by that. Be aware! And if you find errors on my Web and Blog sites, please let me know. I tried to check everything before I went live with the pages, but my eyes are crossed by now and I'm sure I missed something. Oh, yeah, it was a beautiful day and I got out this morning before I fell into computer hell.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I felt a visceral chill thinking back to working on my own website and blog. They were two of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It can indeed drive an artist nuts! Congrats on getting everything updated. (I have a couple of your books. I was browsing collage links around the web, and came upon your site and blog.)

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Nita said...

I really would like to combine my Web site and Blog, but I dread thinking about the learning curve and the amount of time and work involved. I don't want to open that can of worms. Easy for a Web designer, no doubt, but not really a job for amateurs.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home