l s

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Color Workshop Pix

Last week I received a CD in the mail with 70 photos from the workshop in Cazenovia, NY. It was hard to cut the number down to a dozen or so, but here they are, mostly of the critique on color scheme sketches. I didn't realize these were being taken at the time. This was such an industrious class--28 students worked hard all week. We weren't looking for finished paintings, but for understanding of the concepts I was teaching: contrasts, triads, and color schemes. They "got it." This photo is fun, showing my work space in the overhead mirror.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

VERY cool, Nita, looks as if everyone had a marvelous time...

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did have a marvelous time, Nita. And learned so much, of course. Every artist should take your workshop with its wealth of information, and your pleasant good humor too.
I refer to our color scheme sketches and your book frequently now.
Barbara Bickford

10:03 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

I'm so glad to hear that, Barb. I'll bet you'll see the results in your next show!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home