l s

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Calendar Surfing

I decided to take my own advice and relax a bit this weekend. For some unknown reason that Webinar, along with a workshop, baby-sitting, and various appointments really wore me out. The baby-sitting was the best part, but still stressful, especially with deadlines looming just ahead. This month looks similar, but the Confident Color workshop in two weeks is just a few miles away, which makes it a lot easier. I'm looking forward to it. The class is small, so I can give a lot of personal attention to the students.

Had an email from my hostess in New Jersey for the Pine Shores Art Association color workshop in September. This will be my sixth workshop there. I stay on Long Beach Island, which is a Jersey-shore vacation paradise. In September, everything is serene and beautiful. PSAA artists are always fun to be with. On Monday night I give a talk at their monthly meeting, so I get to hear what they're up to. I'm astonished at the range of activities they offer, from shows and exhibition opportunities to bus trips to Philadelphia and New York museums for blockbuster art shows. It would be so great if all local art associations were so supportive of their artists--or should that be the other way around?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home