l s

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Webinar World

Well, one Webinar doesn't make me an expert, but I know more now than I did two days ago. I had several comments on Facebook. So here are my responses to those.

First, what does a Webinar involve: It's a live, online seminar where people sit at their own computers and watch a PowerPoint presentation as the presenter (me, yesterday) narrates the slides and expands on the subject. Participants can type in their questions for the presenter to respond to during or after the presentation. I'm sure there are other formats, but this is what we did yesterday.

The first one was stressful for me, since I hadn't had the experience before and couldn't visualize how it would work without a hitch somewhere. It seemed very odd to know I was speaking to a number of people, but couldn't see their reactions to what I was saying. There were two people in the room with me, one handling the technical side of it, so I didn't have to worry about anything but my talk. In a couple of places I advanced my slides too far and had to go back, but I don't think it was too bad. Just a few seconds, actually. On the whole, I think it went smoothly.

Yes, I hope to do more of these, now that I know how it's done. I think an individual could even do it, but there are a lot of things to think about, such as what company to use for the interface, how to market the Webinars, etc. The preparation of the program alone was very time-consuming. I wouldn't want to do it unless I could do it as professionally as it was done yesterday.

For the consumer, in the ArtistsNetworkTV Webinars, the participants receive a download of the presentation that includes the PowerPoint and the narration, plus the questions. I also prepared a handout of tips on creativity that they received. The full program will be available at artistsnetwork.com, if you missed one you're interested in.

Their next one looks very interesting and will give more information on using the media for marketing and promotion.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home