l s

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Facebook--some surprises for a newbie

This morning the snow was falling heavily when I awoke. Mid-morning I called and canceled lunch with a friend and emailed my daughter that we wouldn't be baby-sitting this evening. I fixed a mocha for my husband when he came inside after clearing the snow off the driveway. I know I had a lot of things I could have done, but I got the bills paid yesterday and caught up on a lot of errands the day before. I felt like doing something different.

So I explored Facebook. My son told me at Thanksgiving that I should sign up, which I did, but I didn't have a clue what to do with it, so I didn't go back until today. After nosing around a bit, I decided it looked like fun, so I invited a few friends on my email list to join. To my great surprise, they did. So I invited a few more. It's amazing. I'm hearing from people I haven't heard from for years. I now have 47 friends on Facebook. A short while ago I asked them to share some of their artwork on Facebook so I could see what they've been doing--and it has started to come in. What fun!

If you haven't tried it, it's easy to get into. Just go to facebook.com and follow instructions. Search for "nita leland" and see if they'll connect you to my page. You may have to ask permission.

I still have a lot to learn.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now try twitter
http://twitter.com/ellisnadler

6:48 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

I just might do that.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home