l s

Monday, April 28, 2008

The quarter-acre woods

Lenten roseWhat is it about wildflowers in the spring? I didn't fully appreciate how much I missed the flowers that were decimated by honeysuckle over the years. Now they're coming back, and I can scarcely leave my kitchen window; I gaze across the woods and down the hill, where blue and gold flash throughout the day, interspersed with purple and white. My five-year woodland project is into its sixth year, and it has been worth all the hard work. I envision the woods looking more beautiful every year.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The woods never cease to amaze. Pity the lost who no not the woods; in the woods exist God's wonders of life and beauty. Enjoy the smallest of mushrooms and ferns to the greatest of hickories, beech, & oaks while dancing through the understory of beauty, Steve :-)

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can certainly relate to what you wrote, Steve. Thanks
Nita

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home