l s

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"No rest for the wicked!"

My mother used to say that. I must have been very bad. It has been such a busy week that I've missed my Curves workouts twice, something I never do. Our son is visiting from Colorado, so I'm trying to spend some time with him. However, I already had two classes scheduled and a meeting with my North Light editor in Cincinnati, so something had to go. I'm going to be baby-sitting for a couple of days, too, so not much time to catch up. Well, everything is happening pretty fast, so I guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun. (Nothing like a blog full of clichés.)

Started a new watercolor class on Monday with 25 students. Most of them are returnees from previous classes. Four of my beginners have joined the class and there are a couple of newbies. We talked about the continuum of design from realism to non-objective painting. I had found some good examples of abstract design artwork to show them. Then I taught them about making grids to get their drawings in the correct proportions on their paper. Critique was fun. They're getting more and more consistent with their finished paintings. They seem to be doing more paintings and are improving accordingly.

The beginner class wound up today. I feel bad about not taking them to the next level, but I can't do two classes per week on a regular basis. So this one just comes up during the summer for eight weeks. Four of the ten in the class have moved into the intermediate group and the others say they'll be working on their own until next time.

Our son leaves in the morning and I may have to spend the day gaining strength for the baby-sitting marathon. It isn't that long, but I'm not in the routine anymore and a three-and-a-half-year-old can be unpredictable. But, I'll manage. I just may not be able to blog for a couple of days.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Himes said...

Have fun babysitting for your "Little Artist".

I just spent the past week with 5 of my "little artists" and their baby sister (plus their mom and dad). I helped three of them earn their Junior Naturalist and Junior Ranger badges from the National Park Service. This involved some drawing, coloring and identifying plants and trees, looking for fossils as well as a lot of hiking. I'm exhausted but it was worth it. I did absolutely no painting of my own.

Michelle

10:04 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

You really had a handful, Michelle. We didn't do any art over the weekend, but lots of "pretending."

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home