l s

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Collage workshops amaze me

People get soooo creative in a collage workshop. The four-day workshop I just finished teaching in Dayton had students of all skill levels. Everyone worked very hard at learning new techniques. As a result there were quite a few fine pieces. Yesterday at a meeting of the Tri Art Club, which sponsored the workshop, the chairman showed pieces by several of the participants. It felt very good to get that feedback and know that the class was pleased with their work and willing to share it with artist friends. Techniques ranged from magazine and colored paper collage to rice paper techniques and making monotype papers for collage. I also taught a session on design elements and principles that apply to all art media. Amazing how little of that is taught in workshops these days. Now I must unpack all my collage materials and pack everything I need for my Exploring Color class starting this week at the Fairborn Art Association.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home