l s

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

More on art studios

I forgot to mention in my posting on studio storage that there are more studio setup tips on my Web site. For more photos, visit my studio, which is mostly furnished with inexpensive storage items from WalMart, Home Depot, Office Depot and Lowe's. I found a metal blueprint storage cabinet at a liquidation sale and had a case with shelves built around it. The drafting table now faces the window, looking out over my quarter-acre woods. The clutter hasn't changed much, though.

No doubt you have a tidy studio with everything in its place, right?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creativity at work!

Looks like you have a place for everything which is good.. I don't and mine is messy too.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tidy? Oh, of course. ;-) Well, perhaps not tidy exactly...
I paint with at least one draw of my paint storage open, and I always have a large bucket of water to drop brushes and tools into. Over time all the paints in the drawer slid forward and I hadn't noticed. I was painting away when *splash* - probably 60 tubes of blue and green paint dropped into the bucket. So now they're all spread out on the floor drying off fully.

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Toronto,

I am so glad I found your blog. You are an amazing artist!

~ Gabriela ~

11:17 AM  
Blogger Diana Moses Botkin said...

I explain to new friends or visitors that my house/studio is a creative mess. I smiled seeing your studio space. I know I'd feel right at home if I visited you.

Although I would love to have more space, a corner of my bedroom is what I have now for a studio. I'm painting small most of the time so it works out okay. In summer I can work outdoors and spread out a bit.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Diana--I know what you mean. I started out on the kitchen table and moved to a card table in our bedroom so I wouldn't have to put my painting things away for meals. It was years before I had a studio. Even so, I think I did some of my best work in the corner of my bedroom.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I would LOVE to have a studio! No more supplies scattered everywhere in my living room:)

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home