l s

Friday, December 01, 2006

The Little Artist's first watercolor exhibition



Here are a few of the many paintings Jenna did when we painted together recently. She started out on inkjet printouts. I was surprised at her choice of the primary colors for the three girls.



She never told me what this one is, but she was very intent on making a figure of some sort. She sort of scrubbed the paint on the figure. Then she carefully framed it. She was still using the cheap paint set for this one.



She painted the big rectangles and didn't seem to think they were finished, so I said, "If the brown one had a branch, it might look like a tree." Pow! She slapped a branch on both of them.



She made a lot of circles and blobs, so I asked her if she had ever tried to make dots. Of course, they had to be purple, her favorite color. By this time she was using my paints, so the colors are more intense.



This is my favorite. She was concentrating so hard to make the big red blob as bright as she could. She looked up at me and said, very seriously, "These are lips." When she got them just the way she wanted them, with a flourish she dotted in the three spots and made a face.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Himes said...

I love it! I hope you are saving some of these.

I painted with my youngest grandson this Thanksgiving. Brandon is two and is having a difficult time understanding not to rinse all the paint off before bringing the brush to paper, so his colors are very, very pale. He dips brush in water, scrubs up some paint, dips in water again, and then paints. His mom took all his masterpieces home with them. I hope she saved them.

Michelle

9:58 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

Michelle--
My daughter saves everything Jenna does, so I can always go back and see them at her house. She's so prolific, I'm sure at some point they'll have to weed some out!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home