l s

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fresh start, thank goodness

I've been out of circulation for about a month, nothing life threatening. Insanity a possibility, though, coming to terms with the frustration of working on a frustratingly slow 8-year-old computer, deciding on what to buy, setting it up and installing programs. The worst is over, and not all that bad. I'm happy with the new HP (fassssssst)and Windows 7, so far. Seems like much easier access to everything, especially to my files stored on an external 1.5 terabyte hard drive, which my husband calls my Teradactyl. So, what's next?

Too much to tell in one blog. Big news is I'm doing a complete revision of
Creative Collage Techniques
. I'm pleased to have my editor, Stefanie Laufersweiler, for our third book together for North Light. We met here in my studio yesterday (she lives near Cincinnati, I'm in Dayton)and went over my plans for the book. When we weren't exchanging photos of kids and grandkids or lamenting the woes of moving house (her) and setting up new computers (me).

But, about the book. Creative Collage Techniques has been in print for more than 16 years and is still a popular book, but I intend to update materials, techniques, and art. Virginia won't be able to work with me, but everything I do will remind me of the good times we had doing the first one. I'll be completely rewriting and adding a lot of new art--plus it will be expanded 16 pages over the original. I'm psyched!

First, though, I have to clean the house. The two of us don't clutter, but I still haven't figured out how to keep dust off the furniture. Had better get to work.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Im so excited about the rework of the collage book .. I M sitting in my beautiful garden right now reading your creative artist book, I am currently so inspired by artist Elizabeth St hilaire Nelson and her paper paintings!! She really is making fascinating art! The art world is so big I just thought I would share!! She has a website portfolio I know you will enjoy! ( no I don't know her personally ..) just Facebook ....
A Fan of yours also!
Vanessa Johanning
RhinestoneContessa.com

8:50 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

Vanessa was so sweet to think of me and Nita in the same thought! I am flattered to say the least. I love Nita's original collage book, I have it dog eared and with notes in the margins and have referred back to it over and over again through the years. I look forward to the new book!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home