l s

Friday, January 02, 2009

Studio storage suggestions

Several people have emailed me with ideas for studio storage. Lori Call recommended a cabinet from Ikea in the office furniture department. The Alex storage unit holds 15" x 22" half sheets and possibly up to 18" x 24" papers. Maureen Bean suggests using a bicycle rack for storing canvases. Sharon Quarles bought merchandise-display shelves from a department store. These units come in many sizes and shapes. Watch for store liquidations, and see what you can find to store your papers and art supplies.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use large 3 or 4 drawer plastic stackers from The Warehouse (NZ equivalent of Walmart maybe?. Not pretty, but durable and a good price. I had someone make custom paper storage for me; in the end I think that was cheaper than making do all the time and not having the solution work well for me.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use the Pax closet organizer from Ikea--lots of smooth rolling drawers that I mixed with shelving.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

If you're short of space, you might try this archival underbed storage box from The Container Store. http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=175&PRODID=59861

10:29 AM  
Blogger Caroline Roberts said...

I built a canvas storage rack from standard Ikea IVAR shelving. Only minor DIY skills required:
http://carolineroberts.blogspot.com/2009/01/cheap-and-easy-canvas-storage.html
They work well for canvases up to 30"x40"

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home