l s

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Climb every mountain

I'm chuckling as I reread the article on pages 50-51 of Art-to-Art Palette publication, Fall-Winter edition of 2008-2009. When Ben Rayman emailed me that he wanted to do my profile for the magazine and needed early photos, I sent my mountain-climbing photo as a joke. I should have known better. I was startled to see this photo from 1953 takes up a whole page. The article is based on questions from an email interview and includes personal background information I don't usually share with the public.

The 148-page publication includes a feature article on Tom Lynch, (pages 25-29) showing several of his watercolor-on-canvas paintings. Many other artists are profiled, one of my favorites being Elizabeth Layton. Cover artist Herb Reed attended one of my workshops in Dallas a couple of years ago, where he created a watercolor monotype featured on page 102 of Confident Color. Articles include calligraphy, photography, pottery, dance, poetry, writing, and cuisine. There are art tips from Pat Rayman on making leaf sun prints and a step-by-step demo on painting white iris by Joan Crawford Barnes. The emphasis is on the Midwest, centered in Ohio and surrounding states, but there are ads and articles from national institutions, as well.

The Marketplace Section has been printed as a separate publication, listing many museum and art center exhibit schedules for 2009, and classes and workshops offered by artists throughout the country.

To order Art-to-Art Palette email Ben Rayman. The publication ships with an invoice to be be paid on your receipt of the magazine.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Casey Klahn said...

Very good pic., Nita. I have occasionally posted some of my own climbing stories/pics. at my blog.

Usually I get dead air...but I still enjoy the memories. There are parallels with art, IMHO.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Nita said...

Parallels with life, as well. Thanks for writing. I love your pastels!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Casey Klahn said...

Thank you!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home